July 14, 2013

Altered Paintbrush

One of my crafty friends sort of conned me into doing a swap with her and a few other crafty gals....the catch was that we needed to alter a 3 inch paintbrush. Uhh...uh-oh! Thats so out of the box for me! But, I'm a sport and decided to go for it! And I'm kinda glad I did =) I love how my brush turned out! 



Ta-Da! I forgot to take a picture of the brush beforehand but it was just a plain, light tan color....BORING! So, I took some ultra sparkly pink paint, and got rid of the tan! I added a fun flower to the front, brown ribbon and some My Mind's Eye washi tap (to cover up the silver spot!) I put rhinestones along the handle, added a cute butterfly and some fun tags! 


I took some mini clothespins, added some bling to them and then attached this great tag to it. The banner came from Jaded Blossom "Candy Charms & Banners Die". The saying is from their "Craft On" set. I inked it with Close To My Heart "Gypsy" Ink. 


And then I have this amazing tag (yes, I'm thrilled with it!). The 2 tags and little scallop are from Jaded Blossom's "Treat Tag Die" set. The Sentiment and lady also came from Jaded Blossom. It was a bonus stamp set with one of their releases. I inked the lady with Close To My Heart Black ink and the sentiment with their Pear ink. I attached it with Lime twine from My Minds Eye. 

No comments: