November 30, 2014

12 Days Of Christmas Blog Hop ~day 7

Welcome to the 12 days of Christmas blog hop hosted by Lisa from Honey Bearz Designs! This hop will run from 11/24-12/5 and will be full of fun Christmas ideas and inspiration to get you ready for the holiday season! Such an awesome way to get you inspired to make some holiday cards or finish up some layouts, maybe even some Christmas decor! Sit back and join us for all 12 days and be inspired! There will be a new project each day from all of us with a guest designer helping us out too!

A friend of mine had posted on FB a picture of DIY ornaments. They looked so much fun! So, I googled it and found this blog Hello Homebody where she listed directions on how to make them. It seemed simple enough, and like a fun project to do with my kids. Well, was I wrong! HAHA! I think I need to stick to paper crafting instead ;)





     

My boys were bored after finally unwrapping the mints! They helped me fill a few and then bailed. I put them in the oven and the directions said 5-10 minutes but keep an eye on them. I checked after 3 and my oven was full of smoke! They still werent ready so I dealt with it and left them in for another 2-3 minutes. When I took them out, I had to poke a hole in the top for the string. Let them cool a bit and then took them out of the cookie cutters to finish hardening back up. The hole started to get a mint layer back over it sadly :( 

The concept is cute, but I'm not sure I'll ever try this one again! If you have better luck, please share with me! Maybe I did something wrong! But, I wanted to share anyway because like I said, it is a fun project to do with your kids (mine just had other plans in mind!). And while your looking at the directions on that website, check the rest out! She has some really great recipes and posts. 

Up next is Heather

Here is the list of stops in case you get lost on the way! 


Guest Designer: Mary ~ http://www.cardztv.blogspot.com/

2. Scrappin Madge ~ www.thescrappinlounge.com

13 comments:

carol mcgregor said...

I tried this years ago and seemed to have the same results you did. I never did it again. I will stick to paper crafting and quilting. Thanks for sharing.

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Very cute idea.

Sue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

lindaplus3 said...

Not sure I will try this one,,, I would make a mess for sure lol :)

Sarah Biswabic said...

You gave it a good try! It is a cute idea!

Unknown said...

These r cute but they look like a lot of work

mamawcindy said...

I had thought about trying this with my Grand Kids. Not sure if I'll try it or not. Very Cute though.

Beth said...

These are so cute, I've always wondered how they would come out. Sorry you had some difficulty.

~Beth
Follow me @ The Crafty Scrap Yard

Unknown said...

These turned out cute, I have been wanting to try these, love the little light bulb

Iris said...

Cute project - they look great despite the fact that they were a pain in the neck for you to make.
I follow your blog
isoscia at aol dot com

Unknown said...

These are so cute - saw them on pinterest and was afraid to try!!

Golden Goddess Designs said...

yum! another wonderful idea I am going to have to try!!

C'est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC said...

never would have thought of this! TFS

La-Vie B.
Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

Ashley said...

I've seen these done but haven't tried them myself. I think you did a pretty good job for your first attempt!

~Ashley W
proudusmcwife@gmail.com
http://marinewifesscrappinlife.blogspot.com