Welcome to the 12 days of Christmas blog hop hosted by Lisa from Honey Bearz Designs! This hop will run from 11/24-12/5 and will be full of fun Christmas ideas and inspiration to get you ready for the holiday season! Such an awesome way to get you inspired to make some holiday cards or finish up some layouts, maybe even some Christmas decor! Sit back and join us for all 12 days and be inspired! There will be a new project each day from all of us with a guest designer helping us out too!
A friend of mine had posted on FB a picture of DIY ornaments. They looked so much fun! So, I googled it and found this blog Hello Homebody where she listed directions on how to make them. It seemed simple enough, and like a fun project to do with my kids. Well, was I wrong! HAHA! I think I need to stick to paper crafting instead ;)
My boys were bored after finally unwrapping the mints! They helped me fill a few and then bailed. I put them in the oven and the directions said 5-10 minutes but keep an eye on them. I checked after 3 and my oven was full of smoke! They still werent ready so I dealt with it and left them in for another 2-3 minutes. When I took them out, I had to poke a hole in the top for the string. Let them cool a bit and then took them out of the cookie cutters to finish hardening back up. The hole started to get a mint layer back over it sadly :(
The concept is cute, but I'm not sure I'll ever try this one again! If you have better luck, please share with me! Maybe I did something wrong! But, I wanted to share anyway because like I said, it is a fun project to do with your kids (mine just had other plans in mind!). And while your looking at the directions on that website, check the rest out! She has some really great recipes and posts.
Up next is Heather!
Here is the list of stops in case you get lost on the way!
Guest Designer: Mary ~ http://www.cardztv.blogspot.com/
2. Scrappin Madge ~ www.thescrappinlounge.com
3. Beth McGee ~ http://thecraftyscrapyard.blogspot.com
4. Amy E. ~ http://www.scrapthissavethat.com/
5. Denise ~ www.craftconfectionery.com
7. Cely ~ http://hawaiipaperparty.blogspot.com
9. Alicia ~ http://goldengoddessdesigns.blogspot.com/
10. Anna- http://www.stampanna.com
11. An'Jenic- http://anjenicgibson.blogspot.com/ <--Came from HERE!
12. Angela- http://www.crazy3monkeys.blogspot.com/ <--You are HERE!
13. Heather- www.paper-junkie.blogspot.com <-- NEXT!
14. Jessica -http://craftinandstampin.blogspot.com/
15. Miranda - www.nanasscrapspot.com
16. La-Vie Borde-Perry ~ http://www.cestla-viedesigns.blogspot.com/
17. Sandy- http://www.scrapbookblessings.blogspot.com
18. Carla ~ http://racincrafts.blogspot.com
19. Lori ~ http://scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com
20. Ashley W ~ http://marinewifesscrappinlife.blogspot.com
21. Robin L. ~ http://create-a-latte.blogspot.com/